The Daviess County, Kentucky Sheriff’s Office tells us a man who accidentally set himself on fire in his garage last night has died.

This happened in the 6000 block of Dick Street in Curdsville.

Crews transported Stephen McCarty, 59, by ambulance to Owensboro Health Regional Hospital where he was prepped for flight to the University of Louisville Burn Center.

The sheriff’s office tells us McCarty had third degree burns on nearly all of his body.

At this time, the sheriff’s office says it’s unclear exactly how McCarty set himself on fire, but foul play is not suspected.