EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- The Evansville Police Department says 28-year-old Andrew Barnett fired one shot at officers during a foot pursuit Saturday evening before being taken into custody.
Officers initially responded to a report of a man with a gun near an apartment complex on the 2700 block of Lodge Ave. The caller reportedly identified the man as Barnett, who police say is a parole registered offender for attempted armed burglary and intimidation.
In a release, Evansville Police say Barnett took off on foot when officers tried to make contact. One officer reportedly tried using a taser but was unsuccessful, but another officer also tried deploying a taser and hit Barnett’s arm.
Barnett reportedly then pulled a revolver from his waistband and shot once at officers before falling to the ground and being taken into custody.
(This story was originally published on May 31, 2020)
- Sturgis man honored for organ donation on NASCAR driver’s car
- North wins ninth-straight sectional title
- Three killed in shooting at restaurant in Louisville
- USI professor discusses loss of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Henderson group aims to bring awareness to human trafficking