EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- The Evansville Police Department says 28-year-old Andrew Barnett fired one shot at officers during a foot pursuit Saturday evening before being taken into custody.
Officers initially responded to a report of a man with a gun near an apartment complex on the 2700 block of Lodge Ave. The caller reportedly identified the man as Barnett, who police say is a parole registered offender for attempted armed burglary and intimidation.
In a release, Evansville Police say Barnett took off on foot when officers tried to make contact. One officer reportedly tried using a taser but was unsuccessful, but another officer also tried deploying a taser and hit Barnett’s arm.
Barnett reportedly then pulled a revolver from his waistband and shot once at officers before falling to the ground and being taken into custody.
(This story was originally published on May 31, 2020)
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen
- Newsfeed Now: Coronavirus concerns; Officers rescue dog from storm drain
- Closing bars to stop coronavirus spread is backed by science
- Kansas City Royals putting cutouts of fans in stands to fill seats during games
- Walmart turning 160 of its parking lots into drive-in theaters