EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Evansville city councilman Jonathan Weaver will present a resolution and ordinance Monday night that could affect non-profits who receive money from the city’s budget.
Mayor Lloyd Winnecke’s office released a statement seeking to clarify some questions about the selection process of which charities receive money from the city:
- The Administration’s nonprofit grant funding selection process is straightforward and transparent.
- The city promotes and accepts applications from local nonprofits at the beginning of the city budget process.
- Applications are reviewed by the Finance Department during the development of the city’s budget proposal.
- The proposed budget is then presented to City Council for approval.
- We rely on our collaborative efforts with Council during this time to make revisions and changes when necessary.
- In April, nonprofits will be notified through public notice when we begin the process for 2021.
Mayor Winnecke also released this letter:
If you’re having trouble viewing the letter, click here.
Monday night’s City Council meeting will be at 5:30 p.m.
(This story was originally published on Feb. 24, 2020)