(WEHT) — Beginning March 23, Methodist Health will offer a drive-through COVID-19 testing site for symptomatic patients who have an order for testing.
Orders will be provided for patients who meet the following criteria:
- Symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) with
- – Known exposure to anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or
- A travel history to any high risk country in the past 14 days, or air or cruise travel in the last 7 days or
- Multiple family or close contacts with similar respiratory symptoms (testing only the person who has been sick the longest) or
- Respiratory symptoms greater than 5 days, negative influenza, and worsening symptoms or
- Healthcare workers with active clinical duties and potential exposures
Methodist says those who don’t meet the above criteria will not be tested. Tests will be completed by appointment only and are not open to those without an order.
To get an order for testing, those meeting the above criteria should call the Deaconess 24-hour nurse triage line at 812-450-6555. At that time, patients will complete a prescreening to receive an order, and then will be given directions on where to go for testing.
The drive through will be operating Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The drive through entrance will be at the main entrance at the corner of 12th and North Elm Streets
(This story was originally published on March 20, 2020)