MT. VERNON, Ind. (WEHT)- Mt. Vernon High School announced a teacher has tested positive for COVID-19.
Officials say the teacher has been out all week as a close contact and no students have been directly impacted, adding they believe the teacher contracted the virus outside of the school. The Posey County Health Department is reportedly aware of the case and the school is making sure the classroom has been sterilized appropriately.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 9, 2020)
- Vigil held to remember crash victims
- University of Evansville honors former student and New York City 9/11 firefighter
- Lawsuit filed against Gibson County Area Plan Commission
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff: shots fired call to Dogtown Tavern is classified as a police action shooting, 2 arrested
- Hardwood Booster Club food booth open for business