MUHLENBERG CO., Ky (WEHT) During a special called meeting Monday, the Muhlenberg County Fiscal Court appointed Deputy Will Ward as interim sheriff.
Sheriff Ricki Allen died a little over a week ago. KSP investigators say he died from a suspected medical issue and that no foul play is suspected
Sheriff Allen was only 52 years old when he died last week. He was serving his first term as sheriff after being elected in 2018. His funeral was held Saturday.
(This story was originally published on Oct. 5, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Health officials report positive COVID-19 cases at Tell City nursing home
- Dispatch: Vehicle hits Evansville home
- State: COVID-19 outbreak reported at McLean Co. nursing home
- COVID-19 death reported in Henderson Co.
- Southern Illinois restaurants adjust to new round of restrictions