MUHLENBERG CO, Ky (WEHT) The Muhlenberg County Coroner is now in charge of law enforcement in the county after the sudden death of Sheriff Ricki Allen.
Allen was only 53 years old. He was serving his first term as sheriff after being elected in 2018.
KSP investigators say he died from a suspected medical issue and that no foul play is suspected.
Judge Executive Curtis McGehee tells Eyewitness News Allen was heavily involved in the community and will be missed.
Mcgehee says he will consult with members of the fiscal court in the coming days before appointing a new sheriff.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 29 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Man accused of killing Fairfield teenager pleads not guilty in first court appearance
- WATCH LIVE: Second Indiana gubernatorial debate 2020
- Monarch Beverage Company selling assets, laying off 56 employees
- Caesars Entertainment, Inc. selling Tropicana Evansville for $480 million
- 2020 Trick or Treat guidelines