HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT) — An hours-long standoff in Henderson has ended.
The Henderson Police Department and Emergency Response Team, assisted the Lincoln County, KY Sheriff’s Office in apprehending Christopher Riggs, 48.
Police originally responded to the 2800 block of Sunset Lane around 9:30 Sunday night after a man barricaded himself inside a mobile home.
Authorities tell us they were attempting to serve Riggs with warrants for Assault and Theft.
During the lengthy stand-off, KSP Trooper Corey King told us a crisis negotiation team was called in as well.
Over the next several hours, our crew on the scene witnessed very little activity, until about 2:30 Monday morning, when officers were seen putting their gear away.
Henderson Police tell us that Riggs has been taken into custody.
(This story was originally published on July 5, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Walmart announces Evansville as one of the locations for its parking lot drive-in theaters
- Owensboro Hydrofair postponed until 2021
- Evansville Catholic Schools welcome students back to class
- Two facing charges after police chase in Henderson
- Sharon Elementary hosts informational meeting for parents