FAIRFIELD, Ill. (WEHT)- An official with the Wayne County Health Department says about 30 of the 39 new COVID-19 cases reported in the county Saturday are linked to the Frontier Community College baseball team.
62 people within the program were tested Friday and Eyewitness News has learned that the sudden increase of cases reported Saturday mostly came from those test results. The Wayne County Health Department says it is working with the community college and local hospitals to keep the healthy members of the program separated from those who have tested positive.
(This story was originally published on September 13, 2020)
- Vigil held to remember crash victims
- University of Evansville honors former student and New York City 9/11 firefighter
- Lawsuit filed against Gibson County Area Plan Commission
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff: shots fired call to Dogtown Tavern is classified as a police action shooting, 2 arrested
- Hardwood Booster Club food booth open for business