(WEHT) A second person has died in Dubois County due to COVID-19.
“It is with great sadness that I am announcing the second COVID-19-related death in Dubois County,” said Dr. Ted Waflart, Dubois County Health Officer. “We at the Dubois County Health Department send our deepest condolences to the family and friends during this difficult time. This is a very serious virus that affects us all and we urge everyone to continue to practice social distancing and use all preventative measures to prevent the spread of this virus.”
The person did have underlying health issues. No additional information about the person will be released.
The county reported its first death from coronavirus on Monday.
Additionally, another resident at the Village at Hamilton Pointe, a 92-year-old female, has also died of COVID-19.
This is at least the sixth person at this nursing home who has passed away from coronavirus.
(This story was originally published on May 12, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- Indiana students return to practice, some concerns with COVID-19 cases on the rise
- Two Evansville bars closing temporarily after employee tests positive for COVID-19
- YMCA partners with COVID-19 Crisis Response Fund for new childcare program
- Sauced restaurant in Evansville closed due to COVID-19
- Evansville bar closed temporarily after customer, employee test positive for COVID-19