(WEHT) A second person has died in Dubois County due to COVID-19.
“It is with great sadness that I am announcing the second COVID-19-related death in Dubois County,” said Dr. Ted Waflart, Dubois County Health Officer. “We at the Dubois County Health Department send our deepest condolences to the family and friends during this difficult time. This is a very serious virus that affects us all and we urge everyone to continue to practice social distancing and use all preventative measures to prevent the spread of this virus.”
The person did have underlying health issues. No additional information about the person will be released.
The county reported its first death from coronavirus on Monday.
Additionally, another resident at the Village at Hamilton Pointe, a 92-year-old female, has also died of COVID-19.
This is at least the sixth person at this nursing home who has passed away from coronavirus.
(This story was originally published on May 12, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- KC’s Time Out Lounge closed for a week after weekend concerts
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Indiana reports new high for Evansville COVID-19 deaths, health officials following up
- State Sen. Vaneta Becker tests negative for COVID-19, vaccinated
- North Posey High School going virtual until February