OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT) — In a Facebook post, the Owensboro Fire Department says they responded to a fire on the porch of a house in the 100 block of Sycamore Street shortly after 11 Sunday night.
OFD says they arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the front of the residence. Authorities say none of the residents were hurt and left the home before fire crews arrived.
The Facebook post says the fire started near the front door and spread to the attic. OFD says they had to cut through the home’s metal roof to battle the fire and let smoke escape.
The Red Cross is assisting the people forced from the home. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
(This story was originally published on July 6, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL STORIES
- First exhibits open at Jasper Cultural Center
- Several Evansville apartment residents still waiting for utility assistance
- Indiana Senate Bill 260 could affect polling places and when votes are scanned
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management seeks nominations for environmental awards
- Janet Yellen wins Senate approval as treasury secretary