OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT) — In a Facebook post, the Owensboro Fire Department says they responded to a fire on the porch of a house in the 100 block of Sycamore Street shortly after 11 Sunday night.
OFD says they arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the front of the residence. Authorities say none of the residents were hurt and left the home before fire crews arrived.
The Facebook post says the fire started near the front door and spread to the attic. OFD says they had to cut through the home’s metal roof to battle the fire and let smoke escape.
The Red Cross is assisting the people forced from the home. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
(This story was originally published on July 6, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL STORIES
- Ron’s Forecast for Wednesday, August 5
- ABC 25 Local Lifestyles – 2nd Street Treats (08/05/20)
- ABC 25 Local Lifestyles – Jim Hunter (08/05/20)
- ABC 25 Local Lifestyles – Downtown Henderson (08/05/20)
- ABC 25 Local Lifestyles – Hoosier Lottery (08/05/20)