Notice: This story has been corrected. We mistakenly said the COVID-19 death was at Signature HealthCARE in Hartford .
OHIO CO., Ky (WEHT) The Green River District Health Department reported on Tuesday its first COVID-19 death in more than a month. This is also the first death in Ohio County connected to the virus. The last COVID-19 death in the GRDHD was on June 7 in Daviess County.
Ohio County Judge Executive David Johnston on Monday said 18 residents and 14 healthcare workers at Signature HealthCARE of Hartford have tested positive for COVID-19. On Tuesday, the GRDHD reported another nine cases in Ohio County, bringing the county’s total to 274. To date, 205 people have recovered from the virus in Ohio County.
(This story was originally published on July 14, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- Gov. Andy Beshear issuing red zone recommendations
- POLL: Have you had COVID-19? If not, are you worried you will?
- Gov. Beshear: Kentucky sets record for highest number of COVID-19 cases in a week since pandemic began
- Indiana’s COVID-19 hospitalizations highest since April
- Church community gathers for stricken pastor