OHIO COUNTY, Ky. (WEHT) – The Green River District Health Department reported one new COVID-19 death and 18 additional cases on Tuesday. The person who died was a resident of Ohio County, the ninth person in the county to die from COVID-19.
Of the new cases, 12 are in Daviess County, four are in Henderson County, and one in each Ohio and Union counties.
Green River health officials say they have had a total of 1,735 confirmed cases in the district. They say 1,506 people have recovered.
The Green River District Health Department is offering additional COVID-19 testing at clinics across its seven-county service area as cases continue to increase across western Kentucky.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Daviess County students taking advantage of buses providing WIFI
- Outgoing Evansville African American Museum Executive Director honored with parade
- Sen. Mike Braun honors Vincennes University Jasper
- Owensboro student not letting hospital visit interrupt lessons
- Leadership Everyone group spreading mission in Tri-State