Old Swiss Plywood fire in Tell City ruled accidental

Local News

TELL CITY, Ind. (WEHT) – A fire at one of Tell City’s largest buildings was ruled accidental.

Indiana State Fire Marshals said the fire at the old Swiss Plywood Building started from sparks from a tool used inside the building by a worker, which then spread quickly.

The worker got out of the building and dialed 911.

Tell City firefighters said half the damage was destroyed but a firewall kept it from spreading to the other half.

Some businesses inside had water and smoke damage.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published on December 13, 2019)

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories