Evansville, Ind (WEHT) Dogs may be to blame for a morning accident in Evansville that killed one person.
The Evansville Police Department says one person was taken to the hospital. The Vanderburgh County Coroner says another person, Abelardo Hernandez, 60, of Evansville, died at the scene of a two vehicle collision on Lynch Road near Maxx Road.
The accident occurred just before 5:30 a.m. Investigators say the driver who survived the crash had multiple dogs in the vehicle, and the dogs may have distracted the driver, which caused the accident.
(This story was originally published on July 30, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Owensboro man facing attempted murder charge after allegedly stabbing officer in face
- Don’t fall for harvest season driving hazards
- WATCH LIVE: Countdown to the Emmys
- Owensboro woman charged with attempted murder
- Chemo Buddies reverse parade reminds survivors that hope is not canceled