One injured in Evansville house fire

Local News

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – One person was injured after a house caught fire Monday morning.

It happened just before 8:30 a.m. in the 4600 block of Claremont Ave.

Firefighters said it started after discarded smoking materials caught a couch on fire.

A dog also died during the fire.

Three people were in the home at the time.

It took firefighters more than 10 minutes to put it out, but they returned later to put out a hot spot.

Fire investigators said there was smoke damage to several rooms.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the
Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published on July 8, 2019)

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.