EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- Evansville Police say one person has been taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after a shooting Friday afternoon.
Officers were reportedly called to the 1000 block of West Florida St. around 2:15 p.m. where they found one person in the street with multiple gunshot wounds to the leg and groin. That person has been taken to the hospital and is in surgery. No people have been arrested but police have set up a perimeter to look for whomever fired the shots. No names have been publicly released.
(This story was originally published on October 2, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- EPD will not require officers to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Several changes coming to Vanderburgh Superior Court beginning Monday
- Evansville officials encourage residents to ‘love local’ businesses
- Old National Events Plaza receives national award
- Eligibility rules for Daviess Co. bar and restaurant fund explained