MADISONVILLE, Ky. (WEHT) – A conference surrounding community solutions to opioid use will take place on February 27 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Ballard Convention Center.
The keynote speaker will be Debra Jay, a public speaker and author. She’s known for her work, “No More Letting Go: The Spirituality of Taking Action Against Alcoholism and Drug Addiction.”
Jay has appeared on Oprah and Dr. Oz.
The conference will also include these speakers:
• Corey King – 19 year veteran with Kentucky State Police on How to identify an addict
• Van Ingram – Executive Director for the KY office of Drug Control Policy on History and Current status of this Epidemic
• Sonia Osman and Ashley McCarty on Workforce Solutions
• Rob Perez – DV8 – Recovery Friendly employer from Lexington, KY
• Dr. Patrick Withrow – Outreach Director at Baptist Health Paducah on the Science of Addiction
• Alex Elswick – Recovery testimony
• Brian Maus – Information about Nationally recognized Camp Mariposa
• Personal Testimonials
(This story was originally published on Feb. 5, 2020)