EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- Stations were set up across Bellemeade Park Friday as Evansville Parks and Recreation hosted its first ‘Parks-N-Rec’ event.
The event was set up to get kids out for some summer fun after being stuck at home amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Parks and Recreation officials are planning nine more events across Evansville, with the next event scheduled for August 21 at Garvin Park.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office apprehend fleeing suspect
- Police investigate crash after pursuit in Evansville
- Evansville mother accused of son’s death scheduled to stand trial in June
- HCSO: Henderson County woman falls asleep while driving, hits garbage truck