EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) An Evansville man named as a person of interest in the murder of a firefighter has been sentenced to five years in prison in connection with a separate case.
Larry Ali Richmond pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number in federal court.
Richmond has now been sentenced to five years in prison. Richmond has been named a person of interest in the death of Evansville firefighter Robert Doerr, a separate case.
Doerr was shot and killed in February 2019. Richmond was arrested a month later in connection to the gun charges he’ll now serve time for in prison.
No one has been charged for the murder of Doerr.
(This story was originally published on December 1, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Owensboro apartment fire displaces residents
- Owensboro Health vaccinates nearly 7,000 people, appointments on hold
- Henderson church honors Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Local universities honor Martin Luther King Jr., reflect on recent events
- Patients must get both COVID-19 vaccine doses from same facility