EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) The Evansville Police Department has reunited a lost boy with his family. The family told police they didn’t realize until later in the morning that he was missing. They say he is autistic and has gotten out in the past.
Police originally reported being called to an area of Weinbach Ave just north of the Lloyd Expressway around 2:30 Saturday morning. A woman had called 911 about a young child walking by himself. She told police he ran from her when she tried to approach him.
Police found the boy north of Virginia on Weinbach. When officers were not able to find his home despite possible leads, the Department of Child Services was contacted and took custody.
(This story was originally published on December 5, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Owensboro apartment fire displaces residents
- Owensboro Health vaccinates nearly 7,000 people, appointments on hold
- Henderson church honors Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Local universities honor Martin Luther King Jr., reflect on recent events
- Patients must get both COVID-19 vaccine doses from same facility