MT. VERNON, Ind. (WEHT) – Officials put one more nail in the windmill coffin in Posey County. The County Commission voted to prohibit wind turbines within 10 miles of the Doppler Radar sight in Owensville.
Interference with Doppler Radar and its effect on public safety was one of the main criticisms opponents had of a proposal to build wind turbines in Posey County.
The company that had proposed putting wind turbines in Posey County pulled out last year saying the restrictions the county was putting in place made the project unfeasible.
(This story was originally published on January 5, 2021)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office apprehend fleeing suspect
- Police investigate crash after pursuit in Evansville
- Evansville mother accused of son’s death scheduled to stand trial in June
- HCSO: Henderson County woman falls asleep while driving, hits garbage truck