POSEY CO., Ind. (WEHT)- Posey County Health Officer, Dr. Kyle Rapp, announced on Facebook that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
Rapp says as a physician and the county health officer, he needed to notify everyone “before rumors start spreading,” as well as to ease the concern of any of his patients. Rapp says no one who visited him last week is considered a contact and does not need to quarantine, as he did not see any patients after developing symptoms.
Similarly, none of his office staff is considered a contact and Rapp adds he is currently quarantining at home.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- BREAKING: FBI arrests Owensboro man in connection to Capitol riot
- Evansville City Council to consider ordinance creating Commission on Food Security
- Plans for Strassenfest 2021 moving forward
- DEVELOPING: Body found in submerged vehicle
- COVID-19 Crisis Response Fund announces 12th round of allocations