POSEY COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- The Posey County Health Department reported the first COVID-19 death in the county Wednesday.
The news comes as the county reported six new confirmed cases of the virus, bringing their total to 242 known cases since the pandemic began. While no other information will be publicly released, the health department says the virus is widespread throughout Indiana and the Tri-State and the potential for being exposed is high.
On Monday, Posey County Health Officer Dr. Kyle Rapp announced he tested positive for the virus and a North Posey High School student tested positive over the holiday weekend, according to the Metropolitan School District of North Posey.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 9, 2020)
- Vigil held to remember crash victims
- University of Evansville honors former student and New York City 9/11 firefighter
- Lawsuit filed against Gibson County Area Plan Commission
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff: shots fired call to Dogtown Tavern is classified as a police action shooting, 2 arrested
- Hardwood Booster Club food booth open for business