OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT)- Owensboro Mayor Tom Watson says a statue of a Confederate soldier outside the Daviess County Courthouse will not move to the Owensboro Museum of Science and History if the Daviess County Fiscal Court votes to remove the statue.
Even if we did take it, who wouldn’t say five years from now, the problem wouldn’t resurface and you would be starting all over again. It’s pretty simple.Owensboro Mayor Tom Watson
County Commissioners are expected to vote on the fate of the statue at their next meeting August 6.
(This story was originally published on July 30, 2020)
- Police: Multiple shots fired into Madisonville home
- Evansville Police investigating two armed robberies hours apart
- Tri-State superintendents speak on reopening schools
- Back to School: New Lessons
- Haysville woman arrested after alleged theft