NEWBURGH, Ind. (WEHT) – A gay pride parade kicked off in Newburgh on Wednesday afternoon near the lock and dam.
Participants were encouraged to decorate their vehicles for the occasion.
The parade went through town before returning to the lock and dam.
The event comes in response to a Newburgh business owner who recently found a letter posted on his front door, referring to the rainbow hanging at his home as shameful and perverted.
(This story was originally published on June 24, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- OCTC students tests positive for COVID-19
- Spottsville Bridge will go down to one lane July 8
- Broadcast legend Hugh Downs dies at age 99
- EVSC cancels commencement
- Miranda Meister shares thoughts from quarantine