EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) Nine traffic lights are set to be modernized in Evansville, and officials are hosting a public forum to discuss the changes.
Signals are located at the following intersections:
- Green River Road and Monroe
- Green River Road and Washington
- Green River Road and Powell
- Green River Road and Bayard Park
- Green River Road and Bellemeade
- Washington and Lawndale
- Washington and Erie
- Green River Road and Vogel
- First Avenue and Mill
That meeting will be on Wednesday, February 19 at 6 p.m. at McCullough Library.
Officials say as part of the modernization, center curb mounted pedestrian signals, which are frequently damaged, will be relocated to new overhead spans.
Overhead microwave vehicle detection and countdown-type pedestrian signals will also be installed.
Work is scheduled to begin during the first quarter of 2021.
(This story was originally published on Feb. 12, 2020)