MADISONVILLE, Ky. (WEHT)- A small but passionate crowd gathered in Madisonville to protest the death of Breonna Taylor at the hands of police and the lack of action since then.
Taylor was killed during a police raid at her home in March while Louisville police executed a nighttime warrant searching for narcotics. No drugs were found. Taylor’s death, along with the death of George Floyd, has prompted protests around the world, demanding changes in police procedures.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 6, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Evansville City Council approves partnership to fight gun violence
- Brad Byrd InDEPTH: Preventing gun violence in Evansville
- Evansville man charged with weekend rape
- Henderson County baseball coach will undergo kidney transplant this month
- Easterseals adds incentive for last-minute raffle ticket sales