MADISONVILLE, Ky. (WEHT)- A small but passionate crowd gathered in Madisonville to protest the death of Breonna Taylor at the hands of police and the lack of action since then.
Taylor was killed during a police raid at her home in March while Louisville police executed a nighttime warrant searching for narcotics. No drugs were found. Taylor’s death, along with the death of George Floyd, has prompted protests around the world, demanding changes in police procedures.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 6, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Owensboro Monument Relocation Committee scheduled to meet today
- Showplace Entertainment Center partnering with local non-profits for the month of October
- Birdseye man arrested for threatening to “blow up” the Perry County Clerk’s Office
- Webster County football coach facing drug charges
- Military museum in Vincennes gets a new exhibit