(WEHT)- Republican congressman Larry Bucshon (IN-08), whose district covers much of southwestern Indiana, announced he is joining a lawsuit to block proxy-voting in the US House of Representatives.
In a release, Rep. Bucshon calls the plan “unconstitutional,” adding that the US House of Representatives met previously during other times of crisis, including the Civil War, two World Wars, and a flu pandemic in 1918.
House Republican Leader, Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) announced the lawsuit plan on Tuesday, calling proxy voting “tyranny.” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi responded to the lawsuit by calling it a sad stunt.
(This story was originally published on May 28, 2020)
- USI urges students, staff to change passwords after email breach
- DOJ to open Minneapolis police probe, says AP source
- Chauvin likely to appeal, claiming trial tainted by civil settlement, media coverage
- ‘Who’s going to play me?’ Boy George launches casting search for biopic
- ‘Boom!’ NC couple warns homeowners about exploding glass shower doors