(WEHT)- Republican congressman Larry Bucshon (IN-08), whose district covers much of southwestern Indiana, announced he is joining a lawsuit to block proxy-voting in the US House of Representatives.
In a release, Rep. Bucshon calls the plan “unconstitutional,” adding that the US House of Representatives met previously during other times of crisis, including the Civil War, two World Wars, and a flu pandemic in 1918.
House Republican Leader, Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) announced the lawsuit plan on Tuesday, calling proxy voting “tyranny.” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi responded to the lawsuit by calling it a sad stunt.
(This story was originally published on May 28, 2020)
- Indiana basketball star dies
- Appeals court: 1st federal execution in 17 years can proceed
- Evansville church, Seton Harvest host produce giveaway
- Evansville traffic alert: Weinbach Ave. closure starting Monday
- 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured as crews battle fire at San Diego-based Navy ship