EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- The Right to Life of Southwest Indiana’s annual banquet has been canceled. While it was originally scheduled for September, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic made that unwise.
Organizers say they did not make the decision out of fear, but rather out of love for one another. The group had reached out to Vice President Mike Pence to speak at the event but never received a written commitment.
(This story was originally published on July 24, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Owensboro man facing attempted murder charge after allegedly stabbing officer in face
- Don’t fall for harvest season driving hazards
- WATCH LIVE: Countdown to the Emmys
- Owensboro woman charged with attempted murder
- Chemo Buddies reverse parade reminds survivors that hope is not canceled