HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT)- The City of Henderson announced Wednesday afternoon that recent rains have caused the Ohio River to “elevate sharply,” meaning plans to install at least one boat dock at the Hays Boat Ramp in time for the Memorial Day weekend have been scrapped.
In a release, officials say the river can be no higher than 22 feet to accommodate boat docks but the river is now expected to rise to 38 feet locally.
Boat docks will be installed once the river recedes to a “manageable level.”
(This story was originally published on May 20, 2020)
- Harwood Baseball Complex receives tune up
- EPD: Four arrested at Evansville rally
- Protesters rally in Owensboro
- WATCH: Castle High School graduation ceremony
- WATCH: The implosion of Dominion Energy’s old HQ