MADISONVILLE, Ky. (WEHT) – The cities of Sebree and Clay were awarded $193,424 funds for road repairs.
Officials with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet said Department of Rural and Municipal Aid Commissioner Gray Tomblyn II announced the funds for resurfacing work and a culvert replacement.
We’re told over $90,000 will go to Clay for resurfacing roads and a culvert replacement on KY 109. In Sebree, $103,424 was awarded for resurfacing on ten city streets.
Officials said the work will upgrade road conditions on routes that provide access to more than 30 homes.
Resurfacing work in Sebree will address:
- State Street (City Street 4011) – resurfacing 0.270 miles
- West Jefferson Street (City Street 4055) – resurfacing 0.120 miles
- Eakins Street (City Street 4003) and Bellview Road (City Street 4028) – resurfacing 0.760 miles
- Barkley Street (City Street 4018) – resurfacing 0.090 miles
- Trenton Avenue (City Street 4007) – resurfacing 0.080 miles
- Dover Street (City Street 4006) – resurfacing 0.050 miles
- Troy Drive (City Street 4004) – resurfacing 0.380 miles
- Sherri Lane (City Street 4005) – resurfacing 0.380 miles
- West Jefferson Street (City Street 4055) – resurfacing 0.090 miles.
Resurfacing/Culvert Replacement in Clay will address:
- First Street (City Street 2033) – resurfacing 0.426 miles
- Grove Street (City Street 2009) – resurfacing 0.284 miles
- College Street (City Street 2028) – resurfacing 0.587 miles
- Culvert replacement on Nall Street / KY 109
(This story was originally published on October 12, 2019)