OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT) – A semi truck accident led to a major power outage Thursday morning in Owensboro.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. near the intersection of 27th and Allen streets when a truck hit some power lines and tore them down, leading to a power pole breaking.
OMU reported more than 1,000 customers were without power for about an hour.
Owensboro Police say the driver of the truck was not hurt.
(This story was originally published on July 9, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Man indicted in dog burning case
- Evansville fast-food restaurant set to close
- Western Kentucky housing authorities to receive federal funds
- Newburgh patio suddenly caves in
- Evansville Rescue Mission resident tests positive for COVID-19