EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – U.S. Senator Todd Young visited Evansville Wednesday morning to discuss a bipartisan Restart Act while touring Bob’s Gym, who took out a PPP loan.
The proposal would give business owners who took out PPP loans flexibility. The legislation wants to double the amount of time businesses can use those funds.
“This was a pandemic, and for public health purposes, they had to shut their doors and therefore we have a moral obligation to help them out and to sustain their operations so that they can pay their employees and other vendors,” said Young.
Young says he has talked to thousands of Hoosiers over the last several weeks and is inspired by the way they have responded to the pandemic. He says now it’s time for congress to do their part.
To read the full legislation, click here.
(This story was originally published on May 27, 2020)
- Jehovah’s Witness convention moved online due to Covid-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 continues to affect restaurant industry
- Madisonville business vandalized
- ABC’s Chief Medical Correspondent talks to Eyewitness News about COVID-19
- Two arrested in connection to alleged assault in Madisonville parking lot