VANDERBURGH COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding says it’s hard for people who are not in law enforcement to understand why force is sometimes used because they may not have ever been in a situation where their life is at risk.
However, Sheriff Wedding says he agrees with the idea of a national database for officers who use excessive force.
I think any time you have a police officer that doesn’t comply with the rules and regulations of your agency, then that should be tracked and there should be quick and immediate discipline after an investigation has taken place.Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding
(This story was originally published on June 16, 2020)
- Braun & Grassley call for oversight on FEMA COVID Funeral Assistance Program
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- HCSO: Copper stolen from Big Rivers and TV tower
- Evansville man charged in connection with Diamond Flea Market arson
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack