EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) — A sinkhole closed part of Riverside Drive between Vine and Sycamore Streets Wednesday night.
The Evansville Water And Sewer Utility says crews discovered a 24-inch sewer line that had collapsed, creating a void under the street.
Crews are expected to be back on scene Thursday to repair that line.
We’re told that stretch of Riverside is expected to re-open to traffic sometime Thursday afternoon.
(This story was originally published on July 15, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- EWSU cautions against sewer inlet leaves; City of Owensboro offering leaf pick-up
- Appeals court upholds conviction of a man who stabbed and killed a Dubois County woman
- Indiana State Police partners with DEA for 19th “Drug Take Back Day”
- Police warn against falling for “ransom” phone scams
- Police investigating shots fired into an Evansville apartment with children inside