ROCKPORT, Ind. (WEHT)- Graduates at South Spencer High School received a special sendoff with a graduation parade on the same day they were supposed to have their graduation ceremony.
The parade looped around Rockport and students drove or rode in their own cars, complete with decorations. One student even had her 104-year-old great-grandmother come out to support her.
South Spencer principal Jim Bush said “They have missed out on so many things, we wanted to do something special for them so this has been really been a community effort from the mayor all the way down to the parents, students, teachers, everyone we have just come together.”
South Spencer High School officials say they still hope to have a ceremony at the school on July 10.
- Indiana Little League baseball team holds first day of practice
- Food drive held at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Airports in India prepare to restart domestic flights
- Crowds gather at reopened Oregon winery
- Catholic masses resume in Evansville