EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) While on patrol around 3:30 p.m. Friday, officers located a stolen vehicle.
Police conducted a traffic stop at the Circle K on West Columbia Street. They say the driver then fled on foot but was taken into custody after a short pursuit. Both passengers were also taken into custody.
During the course of the investigation, officers found two handguns.
The driver, identified as 20-year-old Adriean Adams of Evansville, has been charged with auto theft, possession of a handgun without a license, resisting arrest, and failure to appear.
19-year-old Jamaarion Buckner of Evansville is charged with possession of a handgun without a license and failure to appear.
Both were taken to Vanderburgh County Jail.
(This story was originally published on November 28, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Daviess County Jail limiting visitors due to COVID outbreak
- Parke stepping down as Vanderburgh County GOP Chairman
- Snow falls across the Tri-State, road crews prepare
- Psychotherapist discusses mental health during pandemic
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left