EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Updated information on Tuesday’s shooting near Haynie’s Corner in Evansville.
Authorities say a juvenile victim and his juvenile cousin were in the backyard of a home on Jefferson Avenue, playing with a gun.
Police say the shooting suspect claims the gun fired and hit the victim in the head.
The victim was rushed to the hospital and into surgery.
Police say the suspect faces several charges, including Criminal Recklessness with a Deadly Weapon and Theft of a Firearm.
Both are felonies.
(This story was originally published on November 19, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- 4 stories to lift your spirits: Long-awaited hugs for seniors, boy’s good deed saves house from fire
- Minimum wage shot down from American Rescue Plan as ‘vote-a-rama’ is in full swing
- $500 reward offered leading to arrest of Webster County park vandal
- Lutherans for Habitat sponsors 30th home dedication
- Evansville NAACP calls for public apology to state representative