(WEHT) — Hopkins County Sheriff Matt Sanderson tells Eyewitness News Dennis Stone, who is accused of killing a woman and injuring a child in a shooting Friday has waived his extradition hearing in Tennessee.
Stone faces charges of murder, assault, and wanton endangerment, and Sanderson says he will likely be back in Hopkins County by the end of this week. He turned himself in to Tennessee authorities Saturday.
Sheriff Sanderson also said the toddler who was injured in the shooting is out of the hospital and with family.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 18, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Sturgis man honored for organ donation on NASCAR driver’s car
- North wins ninth-straight sectional title
- Three killed in shooting at restaurant in Louisville
- USI professor discusses loss of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Henderson group aims to bring awareness to human trafficking