EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – Tickets are now on sale for TEDxEvansville, which will take place on November 8.
The theme for the event is “Change” and is being presented by the Community Foundation Alliance.
Tickets are available for purchase online on Eventbrite and TEDxEvansville.com:
● Early bird general admission tickets (available until Sept. 28): $25
● General admission tickets: $35
● Student tickets: $10
The event will feature nine speakers at Shanklin Theatre on the University of Evansville campus from 6-9 p.m. Friday, November 8.
An opening reception will be held at 5 p.m.
● Lisa Barnett – Founder/ Executive Director, Southside Stars Youth Zone
“The Heart of Lasting Change is Youth”
● Lewis Chaney – Business Storytelling Consultant, Public Speaking Coach
“You Won’t Die From Public Speaking but Your Deal Might”
● Dr. Angela Graves – Audiologist, Hearing Healthcare Center
“Breaking Down Communication Barriers”
● Ashley Sides Johnson – Author
“The Elephant in Your Office has a Mental Illness”
● Dr. Ashley Jordan, Executive Director, Evansville African American Museum
“It’s Not My Story…Why Should I Care?”
● Jason Koger – Motivational Speaker, Actor
“Why Just Survive When You Can Thrive?”
● Dr. Lisa Kretz – Associate Professor, University of Evansville
“Bridging Theory to Action: Hope and Climate Change”
● Cindy Petrov Alfaro – Founder, Lawtina LLC
“Why Engaging Your Community in Your Struggle Story Can Change the World”
● Josey Roth – Non-Profit Management & Freelance Researcher
“What if Businesses Treated Employees like People?”
(This story was originally published on September 10, 2019)