OHIO COUNTY, Ky. (WEHT) – Testing in Ohio County continued Wednesday, with more than 200 tests being done earlier that morning.
Governor Besear has encouraged people to get tested at Ohio County park this week. Judge Executive David Johnston says the reason testing numbers have been low in the county has to do with other agencies doing testing as well.
“We had so much testing already. Ohio County Healthcare had 3 sites testing and Green River District Health were testing as well. We have had quite a bit of testing a couple of weeks leading up to this,” said Johnston.
Ohio County officials say they’ve done more than 1,100 tests in a seven-county area since the pandemic began.
All workers at the Perdue plant in Cromwell have also been tested.
(This story was originally published on May 20, 2020)
- Brandon Bartlett talks with law enforcement expert about policing protests across the country
- Protesters share their concerns
- Evansville Police release body cam video of Saturday’s protest
- EPD: Man expected to survive after officer involved shooting
- Senate passes fix for small-business coronavirus relief