EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) It’s not grilling season, but that didn’t stop a group of thieves from helping themselves at a local business Monday night. Bassemier’s reported the theft of three large Green Egg grills and accessories from a locked fenced in patio.
Video surveillance footage shows five to six subjects involved in the theft. John Bassemier says the store only put up cameras around month ago, and they plan on readjusting the cameras to be able to read license plates.
Along with damaging the fence and one of the stands for the Green Eggs, the thieves made off with around $4300 in stolen goods. Police believe a white single cab truck with ladder racks was used in the theft.
No arrests have been made so far.
(This story was originally published on December 4, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Daviess County Jail limiting visitors due to COVID outbreak
- Parke stepping down as Vanderburgh County GOP Chairman
- Snow falls across the Tri-State, road crews prepare
- Psychotherapist discusses mental health during pandemic
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left