Three houses evacuated due to gas leak

Local News


EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – After three houses were forced to evacuate due to a gas leak, all three were given the all-clear following an inspection by crews on the scene.


EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – A contractor hit a gas main in the 3800 block of Parkridge Dr. on Monday, causing three houses to be evacuated.

The people evacuated are not allowed to start their cars while crews work to repair the leak.

The line is spilling gas.

Since the line is a loop of sorts, workers are going to have to dig down and close both sides.

The line was hit while a contractor was working on a driveway.

Lines were marked before the work took place, but for some reason a line was still hit.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the tri-state, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published on July 22, 2019)

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories