It’s probably the worst time of year to have your air conditioning unit go out, but it’s happening.
Some local companies report getting about 400 service calls just this week for residential and commerical air conditioning units.
Vectren is offering a few suggestions to prevent needing help in the first place:
- Check your AC’s refrigerant level. Too much or too little impacts its efficiency and reduces its lifespan.
- Clear debris from your AC’s condensing unit and clean blower components to reduce problems with airflow.
- Regularly clean and replace your filter.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage.
- Lubricate all moving parts to reduce friction on motors. This helps avoid an increase in electricity use.