EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Due to the spike in COVID-19 cases in Vanderburgh County, Mayor Lloyd Winnecke turned Wednesday’s Traveling City Hall into a pick-up location for Feed Evansville.
Residents traveled to Anthony Oates Park near Woodland Park Apartments to receive produce and dairy boxes as well as bread.
There are several more events scheduled for this week.
Feed Evansville was created to help fight food insecurity during the COVID-19 pandemic. They offer a grocery pickup/delivery service for purchase every week for $40. The food is meant for a family of four. You can order with a credit, debit, or SNAP card. To learn more, just go to Feed Evansville’s Facebook page.
(This story was originally published on July 15, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Walmart announces Evansville as one of the locations for its parking lot drive-in theaters
- Owensboro Hydrofair postponed until 2021
- Evansville Catholic Schools welcome students back to class
- Two facing charges after police chase in Henderson
- Sharon Elementary hosts informational meeting for parents