OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT)- Owensboro woman Kathy Grochowski is getting ready to head west to help people affected by deadly wildfires.
Grochowski has volunteered with the Red Cross for ten years and leaves Thursday for Sacramento to assist with sheltering and giving food to those in need. Grochowski was also deployed to hurricanes in the southern United States earlier this summer.
In northern California, more than 70,000 people have been forced from their homes with hundreds of structures lost. This is not Grochowski’s first time in Sacramento, having been sent there several years ago.
(This story was originally published on September 30, 2020)
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: City Commissioners Pam Smith-Wright and Larry Conder
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: Mayor Tom Watson and Dracin Williams
- Long time Henderson buffet closing temporarily
- Man accused of killing Fairfield teenager pleads not guilty in first court appearance
- Monarch Beverage Company selling assets, laying off 56 employees