Eight Wendy’s restaurants in the Tri-State are among more than 1,000 locations targeted by hackers.
The fast-food chain says the security breach was discovered in February, but could reach back as far as last year. Wendy’s saying customer’s debit card and credit card information could have been stolen.
The affected Wendy’s restaurants include:
- 550 N. Green River Rd., Evansville
- 400 N. Burkhardt Rd., Evansville
- 7899 W. State Route 66, Newburgh
- 2523 N. 6th St., Vincennes
- 202 N. Green St., Henderson
- 2934 Leitchfield Rd., Owensboro
- 1746 U.S. Highway 231 South, Beaver Dam
- 166 Hwy 431, Central City
Wendy’s is urging customers to check their accounts. The company says it is offering free one-year credit monitoring to people who paid with a card at any of those restaurants.