(WEHT)- Republican US Rep. James Comer, whose district covers much of western Kentucky including parts of our Tri-State area, was named as the top-ranking Republican on the House Oversight and Reform Committee.
The new role means Rep. Comer will be at the forefront of responding to Democratic oversight efforts. Comer, who was first elected to Congress in 2016, has served on the committee for the entirety of his tenure in Washington.
(This story was originally published on July 2, 2020)
- Walmart announces Evansville as one of the locations for its parking lot drive-in theaters
- Owensboro Hydrofair postponed until 2021
- Evansville Catholic Schools welcome students back to class
- Two facing charges after police chase in Henderson
- Sharon Elementary hosts informational meeting for parents