VANDERBURGH Co., (WEHT)- The Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office says a home on Bergdolt Rd. in the Greater Oakhill area north of Evansville was struck by a car around 3:25 p.m. Friday afternoon.
Officials say the car came to a rest about halfway inside the home after the driver suffered a medical issue and left the roadway. While the house sustained heavy damage, no injuries inside the home were reported. The driver was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.
The crash remains under investigation and representatives from the Vanderburgh County Building Commission responded to the scene to assess damage.
(This story was originally published on October 2, 2020)
- UE professor warns of cellphone overuse on National Day of Unplugging
- $500 reward offered leading to arrest of Webster County park vandal
- Lutherans for Habitat sponsors 30th home dedication
- Evansville NAACP calls for public apology to state representative
- Evansville Rescue Mission expands Rescued Rags to downtown coffee shop